Another Brand to make an appearance at Sustainable Brands was this cool paper company from New Hampshire. Monadnock is a family owned an operated business with nearly 200 years in papermaking. They provide a diverse range of paper products including technical/specialty papers, premium printing, and packaging papers and melt blown non-woven media for leading brands worldwide.
With a passion for the environment and ingenuity, Monadnock is turning ideas into reality.
Across all levels of our organization, we believe there’s a lot to be said for doing the right thing — simply because it’s the right thing to do.
Socially and environmentally responsible investments in technology, processes, and products will deliver value to our customers and our community.
We’re proud to be Forest Stewardship Council certified by the Rainforest Alliance.
All of our products are manufactured carbon neutral (VERs) using Green-e certified 100% renewable electricity (RECs). Monadnock is an EPA Green Power Partner, EPA Wastewise Partner, and EPA SmartWay Transport Partner.
You can tell a lot about a company by the company it keeps. We have been recognized by leading environmental organizations including the Sierra Club, The Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests and have earned the Governors Award for Pollution Prevention as well as the Cornerstone Award from New Hampshire Businesses for Social Responsibility for our environmental efforts.
But awards and recognition aren’t why we do it. We do it because we live here. We do it because we raise our families here. And we do it because we would like to leave our beautiful area of New Hampshire as pristine as we found it nearly two centuries ago.
Monadnock Paper Mills, Inc. is committed to responsible stewardship of the environment by:
- Promoting environmental awareness among our customers, suppliers, converters, employees and local residents.
- Providing environmentally sustainable products and services to our customers.
- Maintaining our record of compliance with environmental regulations and standards.
- Continuing to invest in research to determine innovative ways to reduce waste and to efficiently use natural resources.
- Choosing materials with minimal environmental impacts during the design and development of new products.
- Encouraging legislators and state officials to develop sound environmental policies and regulations.
- Senior management is committed to continual improvement in pollution prevention and in reducing environmental impacts identified in our 14001 Environmental Management System